Essentials of Employment Law and Best Practice
As a business, you know it’s vital for those managing people to be aware of employment law and the impact it has on employees, managers and your business as a whole.
To help, Deminos has put together a convenient one-day training session to bring you up to date on basic employment law and workers’ rights, together with best practice in dealing with common HR situations.
The Essentials of Employment Law and Best Practice course has been designed specifically for those managing people and is in response to enquiries from our clients.
The course requires no prior learning, but will be a good refresher for those who want to update their knowledge and is very much focused on the everyday challenges that businesses face when dealing with people issues.
There will be informal discussion opportunities and practical exercises throughout the day to encourage active delegate participation.
The course will include the following topics:
- Recruitment and selection – to help you ensure that you recruit the best people into your business in line with best practice.
- Contracts of employment – giving you an overview of the different types of contracts and information on what a contract should contain so you comply with current legislation. This will include changing contracts.
- Family-friendly legislation – ensuring you are aware and up-to-date with current legislation such as shared parental leave and dealing with flexible working requests.
- Behaviours at work and the Equality Act 2010 – focusing on equality, diversity and what you should be aware of, and to ensure you understand how to avoid issues such as discrimination and victimisation in the workplace.
- Managing disciplinaries and dismissals – giving you an overview of dealing with disciplinaries and dismissals in the workplace; in particular, how to handle investigation meetings, disciplinary hearings and appeal meetings ensuring you follow best practice.
Deminos Training Session: Essentials of Employment Law and Best Practice
Date: Wednesday 22nd April 2020
Venue: &Meetings, 83 Victoria Street, London, SW1H 0HT
Time: 9.30am to 4.30pm
Available Places: 12 People (max)
Chris Bechervaise is our advisor covering the South East. He has over 20 years’ experience in HR, having spent 16 years as an advisor, conciliator and trainer for Acas. During this time, he provided advice to employers on employment rights and relations to ensure they were in line with Acas best practice.
His experience in training covers a diverse range of subjects, including disciplinary and grievance, absence management, conducting appraisals, contracts of employment, recruitment and selection, and mental health awareness. Prior to his time at Acas, Chris worked for the Health and Safety Executive and was the inquiry manager for the Southall railway accident in 1997.
Payment for training session
The total cost of the course will be £200 per person (plus VAT). Lunch will be provided. Delegates pay 50% (£100.00 non-refundable deposit) at the time of booking. Deposit can be taken via invoice or credit card payment at the time of booking. An invoice for the balance will be issued after the event. Deadline for booking is Tuesday 31st March 2020.
*If a booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the event, the training session balance must be paid in full and an invoice will be issued for this.
If you would like to book your place on the training session please contact Chris Heselwood or Eilidh Mckay on 020 7870 1090.